Joy and joyness. What could be better INSPIRATION for a Sunday morning than waking up to a gooey chocolate chip cookie and a good ole’ glass of milk? For many with gluten and lactose intolerances, this sound like a faint dream that exists only in magical lands burgeoning with unicorns, gumdrops, and singing fuzzy animals. Fortunately, we don’t need to venture to Never Never Land to enjoy the simple pleasures in life, and here are my favorites to enjoying the dynamic duo:
1. From scratch: my Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe
2. Packaged mix: Way to step it up BETTY CROCKER!! <–I tried out the gluten-free chocolate-chip cookie mix while cooking for a television pilot and it was DELICIOUS!
3. Pre-made: Nana’s Cookie Company (online and at Whole Food’s and other natural foods markets)
Milk (+health benefits):
1. Lac-taid (lactose-free, protein, Vitamin-D, calcium, iron)
2. Rice milk (calcium, whole grain, fiber, cholesterol-free)
3. Soy milk* (protein, omega-3 fat, isoflavones [anti-oxidants], calcium, fiber, cholesterol-free)
4. EdenBlend Rice AND Soy milk! (calcium, omega-3’s and 6’s, whole grain, isoflavones, fiber, cholesterol-free)
5. Almond milk (protein, omega-3 fat, calcium, vitamin-D, cholesterol-free, vitamin-A [eye health])
6. Hemp milk (omega-3’s and 6’s, vitamin-A [eye health], vitamin-D, potassium, calcium, riboflavin, amino acids, iron, cholesterol-free)
*make sure you buy organic, as some soy products can be uber processed and actually worse for your health than more beneficial if not processed correctly.
All milks listed are gluten-free.