bon appetite my american comrades.
Here’s to all of you from the other side of the ocean!
garlic and sage roasted brussel sprouts
dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free
2 cups brussel sprouts, washed
1/4 cup olive oil
1-3 cloves garlic (depending upon how much you like garlic)
a large pinch coarse sea salt
1/4 tsp. dried or minced sage
+salt to taste
preparation time: 5 minutes
cook time: 35-40 minutes
Serves 8-10 as a side dish for meals with several plates (i.e. holidays) and about 6 for a hearty serving
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (160 degrees Celcius). Wash your brussel sprouts well to remove excess dirt. Cut off the tail, and then cut the sprouts vertically in two.
2. Mince your garlic by smashing with the side of your knife and then peeling off the skin. Mince into coarse pieces as to not burn the garlic during cooking.
3. Toss all ingredients in a large bowl to evenly coat the sprouts with flavor.
4. Spread onto a baking sheet with little to no overlap, and bake for about 35-40 minutes, until the sprouts are caramelized brown on the outside, and tender on the inside.
5. Remove and serve immediately, or store for 1-2 days in the fridge and reheat at a high temperature to crisp the edges before serving.